In previous years, technology has brought everything wireless to the fore. We love them. Headphones especially. You know, everyone loves to get the best beat for his money. As technology advances, these tech companies have improved their visage with various likable features. Forget last year, in this post, we will see the best Bluetooth wireless headphones to look out for in 2019.
Before moving through, I believe that the fact that you’re reading this means that you are tired of wires! Who really isn’t? The junk that disturbs your peace when you move—
You see, before now, wireless headphones are inferior to the conventional wired ones in terms of ‘the bang’, durability, and style. But now? Never mind that. There’s been a big role reversal.
As we see nowadays, buying a good Bluetooth headphone can be really frustrating because of the many available models- with all claiming to be the best! It’s easy to feel lost and worse still, make a costly regrettable mistake.
Therefore, in this article, I will be walking you through 5 things I consider (Read Here) before buying any Bluetooth Headphones in addition to my unique vetted list of the very Best Bluetooth Headphones in 2019. I will show you the very best Bluetooth headphones in 2019, and also the things I looked at before making decisions.
So, here you go…
What are the best Bluetooth wireless headphones?
This one is the top on my list. But still, I would not force it on you. Let’s go on together and check out the specs of this state-of-the-art device using the 5 criteria I earlier outlined.
- Comfort and Suitability. Bose QC is a big name in the wireless Bluetooth Headphone industry. It is very popular among travelers and gamers. It’s magnificent and its comfortability is superb. Now, in terms of suitability, the Bose QC 35 II comes in black and silver colors and the design is really convenient. I mean the design is not that different from the generic designs of headphones. It is made of plastic, although solid might look cheap. Because of this, Bose QC 35 II might not be suitable for people who want to make a big impression with their headphones.
Even then, its design gives a beautiful lightweight and comfort that metal headphones miss. It doesn’t feel too heavy and it is adjustable.
Another point to comfortability are the amazing pads that are for noise canceling and that seem to massage your sideboards as you go.
One last thing on comfort and suitability are the amazing features. What’s not to like in the google assistant button that is integrated with Google.
- Battery and Charging. The battery life is excellent. You can use the device with the noise canceling on or off. If the noise-canceling feature is put on, and the volume is set at the highest level, the battery lasts a whopping 20 hours at a stretch after the full charge but when the noise canceling is put off and the volume is set at moderate levels, the battery life lasts even longer!
What about the ease of charging?
The Bose QC 35 II is equipped with a non-removable battery and can be charged with a normal USB cable.
I have also even found that if you want longer battery life, you should listen in wired mode with noise cancellation still on. It’s the best way to enjoy the Bose QC to the fullest while saving battery life.
The only turn off I have noticed is that the Bose QC 35 II selects chargers. It chooses to use a 2.5mm-3.5mm headphone cable. But this is not really some big deal, is it?
- Technology and Features to look out for. Bose QC 35 II is excellent and is the only Bluetooth Headphone at the moment to have the Google Assistant integration. That means you can control ‘Hello Google right from your Headphone! The headphone can read back all your phone notifications when connected to your phone. I am only impressed by the computation of all the improved versions of a bang-bang Bluetooth Headphone. Equipped to pick calls, end calls, read notifications, noise-canceling, and google assistant. The sound is balanced with incredible comfort. The HSP is so powerful that the Bose QC 35 II can pick our voice even in a crowd as the microphone is awesome.
The noise-canceling is superb. Once put on, you get the feeling that people don’t exist even when you see them talk. It has the ability to block out any external sounds due to the earpad design and noise-canceling technology. The Bose QC 35 II is the top of the line for me, seriously.
- The Sound Quality is ‘bang-bang’.it is leading class. Although my friends say that the sound is not so great, I think it is about average. But the other top of the world features really make up for the moderate sound. I am not a fan of loudness. I fear breakage of the eardrums. Ha-ha.
- Lastly, the Price of Bose QC 35 II is moderate at 350 USD
My verdict? If you want a top-class pair of Headphones, you would absolutely love the Bose QC 35 II that offers both wireless operation and noise cancellation effect that is hyperactive.
This is number 2 on my list. Like Bose QC 35 II, this model also has amazing specs that can catch your fancy. I mean features that you would love. Again, let’s look at this model through our 5 point criteria and see what we should think about it.
- Comfort and Suitability. Made with aluminum, this AKG N60NC Wireless Headphone is flashier than the Bose QC 35 II which is the first on my list. the only thing about AKG N60NC Wireless is that it is not suitable for long time wear because it is small and uses the on-ear pads which can stress the muscles of your ears after prolonged use.
But the upside of this on-ear design is that the cups are small enough to stay on the ears even when running. Also, there is more space for the arms to fold. This can make the big Headphone easy to fold into a compact semi-circle. I’m talking about ease of carriage.
One more thing too, the headphone is really slim, but the cups and the foams are so big that because they stay on-ear and instead of over the ear, they may look fat on your ears when you wear them. With time though, the foams in the cup will reduce.
Besides all of that, the AKG N60NC Wireless is a beautiful design. Its sleek black color with the AKG logo in silver and the silver trim that encircles it makes the headphones good-looking.
Unlike the Bose QC series, the AKG N60NC Wireless looks great on the head. It does not look as boring or too business-like like my number one.
- Battery and Charging. The most Amazing than anything is the battery life of this AKG N60NC Wireless Headphone. The battery lasts up to 30 hours on average after a full charge. I’m serious. The battery life is rugged, easily lasts multiple days from a single charge when used moderately.
Although this may sound exciting, I find it a turn off that you can never get any indication of the battery level. If there had been any indication, it would be easy to track the battery life.
The AKG N60NC Wireless Headphones are usable while charging, only the light changes from red to green as you plug in the cable.
- Technology and Features to look out for. With the fantastic noise cancellation feature, the AKG N60NC Wireless Headphone has made it up to number 2 on my list among other things I looked at. I tried the noise canceling function myself on a train and I found it really effective, although it is not so good with really loud noises. I still heard the chew-chew of the train, but it was drowned in the sound of the music later though. Which means that when you play songs, you wouldn’t even notice.
The other features are on point. But unlike Bose QC 35 II, this one is not integrated with any external software like Google assistant.
- Sound Quality. AKG N60NC Wireless adds no flavors to the music played with it. No extra bass, or bang-bang. I didn’t mean to say that bass is totally absent but it isn’t as I would expect.
Instead of standing out, the bass effect of the headphone complements the rest of the mix. I like the way every instrumental sounded and distinctly stands out with a fine richness.
More still, there is a difference in the sound when wired and when the cable is unplugged. But the sound is seamlessly good. If you want a big bang, it might not be your beat though.
- The Price. The AKG N60NC Wireless is very cheap. Even with its well-designed build, and excellent (by my own standards) sound quality, it sits at a much cheaper price than its competitors. Selling fast on Amazon for 150 USD.
My verdict. This one might not be suitable for use on long-distance travel because the on-ear form will stress your ears. But if you like noise-canceling and music mix, go ahead and add to cart.
My third Wireless Headphone is a Jabra Move. Popular among sportsmen and those who work out, the Jabra Move Wireless will give you a run for your money! (Mind my pun)
I mean to say that you can run with the Jabra Move Banging over your head with excellent sounds among other amazing attributes which we shall be looking at in no time.
- Comfort and Suitability. The Jabra Move Wireless has the same weight as 5.6 pounds bag of feathers. What I love about this model are the flexibility and simple yet amazing design. The fabric is a breathable leather cushion with enough padding that cools your ears and reduces stress.
Each side arm is adjustable. It has stainless steel which continues on the sides. The steel forms a flank for the vein-like cable that runs from the headband to the cups.
Really beautiful design and comfortability.
One thing about it is that it isn’t designed to fold, only to reduce in the arm length a bit and move back up and down.
- Battery and Charging. It comes with a micro USB for charging and it charges up to 1 – 2 hours on a stretch to full charge.
One downside of the Jabra Move Wireless is the battery life. With all the beautiful design and build, the device can only last up to 8 hours at a stretch after the full charge if you use at a high level. But at moderate levels, the batteries can last up to 18 hours at a stretch. I believe there are many who know how to really minimize battery use.
But one good thing is that the cables can be used to just listen to music or radio when the battery is down like an AUX device.
The Jabra Move Wireless has many nice buttons and features, unlike the AKG.
- Technology and Features to look out for. Jabra Move Wireless is replete with features that are worth every cent you spend on it.
The weight can make you forget that something is hanging on your head!
The call quality is also superb as the microphones are able to pick up my voice even when I brought it low on purpose.
Another thing was the connection. The distance of 25 feet from my phone was the farthest before disconnection.
What I see as the downside is the lack of noise cancellation or isolation. And your loud songs might leak. Well, some of my friends enjoy disturbing me with songs even while playing through headphones.
The headphones are usable when the batteries die out as normal wired headphones for music and radio.
- The Sound. The Jabra Move Wireless Headphone is what everyone here calls “the surprising bang”. Why? You might expect something less but the sound isolation technology in the Jabra Move is amazing. The bass is banging.
- The Price. I tell you that the Jabra Move Wireless gives you a run for your money. Well, that was just an expression, except of course if you’re a runner already. This is the cheapest on my list. It got here not because of the price, but because of the other attributes. Its price starts at 100 USD.
Well so far, we’ve seen the top 3 on my list, let’s move on to the number 4. Travelers love the comfort and features of this amazing Headphone model. Let’s see the specs.
- Comfort and Suitability. Well, in 2017, Sony won many awards for the great work done on this model. The Sony WH-1000XM2 is suitable for flights as well as long office work hours.
So beautiful is its design that many feel that it outclasses Bose QC 35 II in all ways. But I’m not only looking at design or price, but I also take everything together into consideration at the same time.
If you love attention and excellent noise canceling, go for it.
- Technology and Features to look out for. It’s almost like Bose QC 35 II except that it doesn’t have Google integration, battery life as long and some other things.
However, the noise-canceling technology in the Sony WH-100XM2 outruns that of the Bose QC 35 II in all ways. The Sony brand can be toggled at three levels.
In Quick Attention Mode, you can be listening to music and hearing all the surrounding sound as though the headphone was a handheld the speaker.
It is equipped with LDAC codec and aptX standard. These two work together to produce the HD sound of the Sony WH-1000XM2. This can take any kind of audio and convert it to High Resolution.
If I was ranking these headphones based on Noise-canceling alone, I would have put this Sony WH-1000XM2 on top of the list.
The microphones are visible and it has 4 of them! There’s no way calls would not be HD too. Well done, Sony.
- Battery and Charging. The batteries don’t last as long as Bose QC 35 II but if used in moderate levels, the Sony WH-1000XM2can last up to 20 hours after a full charge.
- Sound Quality. It’s not hype, we all know that Sony is well known for the big bang. I wasn’t surprised at what I got. The bass went up like tearing the speakers. Everything is HD.
- The Price. The price starts at 330 USD.
Here we go.
- Comfort and Suitability. Beats are popular among Apple users. Great connectivity and ambient sound to boot. Being the most expensive headphone in their fleet, Beats Studio3 Wireless has become Apple’s most eyed model, and it is banging with heavy bass.
The Over-the-ear form makes it less stressful to wear for long hours. It is also fitted with breathable pads in the cups and the headband.
- Technology and Features to look out for. The Studio3 Wireless also has an active Noise-canceling technology.
The beauty in its design and build is the tactile effect. You can double-tap the cup to toggle some of the features like the Noise Cancelling on the right cup.
It is equipped with fast charge technology.
Beautiful for calls as well as for music. When connected with the cable, it can be used as normal headphones.
- Battery and Charging. The Beats Studio3 Wireless commands 22 hours of heavy usage. That is when the Noise canceling is turned on and the volume is on the highest. But otherwise, without the noise-canceling effect, it lasts several days before the “low battery, please charge” chant.
One thing this model has over all the others in my list is that it is equipped with the fast charge feature.
- Really loud! Perfect for rock stars or lovers of details in music because the Studio3 Wireless brings out the details in the instrumentals and gives you the feel of being in the recording studio with your favorite artiste.
You would surely enjoy the richness of the sound of this stylish headphone.
- You can get this model around the 350 USD range.
My verdict. Even though it is made for Apple, it connects well with all kinds of Bluetooth devices.
Yes, another Sony. It is not deniable that Sony is a leading Brand in the Sounds business. Why is this one here though? Let’s see.
- Comfort and Suitability. This Sony MDR-1000X is perfect for travelers and gamers. With travelers in mind, Sony made this brand really beautifully designed. The cups are made with polyurethane foams which feel good over the ears. The headphones are light altogether.
It has tactile (touch sensitivity controls)
- Technology and Features. The Sony MDR-1000X is equipped with a lot of amazing features that would make anyone fall in love. It has an NFC chip which is a Bluetooth profile for easy and fast pairing across devices.
The right ear cup has touch-sensitive controls that enable you to change songs by swiping front or back and toggle pause or play by double-tapping.
You get notified with a voice prompt whenever you change a mode.
It has excellent Noise cancellation
Aside from this, you can use the Ambient Sound Mode for when you’re walking through town and need to keep an ear up for traffic or people.
Another mode is Quick Listen. You can easily fade the music in by holding your hand over the right ear cup so that you can hear everything going on till you release the music again.
- Battery and Charging. The battery life is superb. Sony MDR-1000X commands a battery life of 20 hours when used heavily and with Noise Cancellation feature. It charges fast on a USB cable too.
- Sound Quality. This model has an excellent sound thanks to a combination of rhythmic precision and banging uniqueness. The Sony MDR-1000X is loud. I got the feel of being inside the studio with the bass banging and the instrumentals came out as though I was listening to a live band in my head!
- Price. This excellent model is priced from around 330USD.
- Comfort and Suitability. If you love beauty and style, the design of Sennheiser Momentum Wireless might dazzle you. They have a really comfy and rugged build with a long-lasting battery life that can go for days after a full charge.
The headband uses a lot of leather and comfort.
The side arms are made with stainless steel which is connected to the leather by hinges for a fold-up action.
This model is best for anyone who forgets to take care of gadgets because they are rugged and built to last.
- Technology and Features. Equipped with the best of the best codecs and profiles, the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless is the way to go with calls and music.
They have a lot of microphones on the edge of each cup.
It has a Noise-canceling feature too, which is a plus.
It comes with a leather case for easy carriage. This makes a travel-friendly gadget.
It can be wired or used wirelessly. Either way is fine but the former saves battery and for devices that don’t enable Bluetooth.
- Sound Quality. Listening to music through these headphones elated me though. The sound is amazing. For the high price I paid for it, I think I am getting the sound that is actually worth the money.
- Battery and Charging. The battery life of Sennheiser Momentum is remarkable. It went on for two days after a full charge. It only took it 3 hours to fully charge.
- Yeah. I think the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless is a little bit pricey. Around 500 USD.
My Verdict: I didn’t like the multifunction button on the side. Why not have buttons for each function instead of this one for all button.
Now let’s talk about another one.
- Comfort and Suitability. The Plantronics Backbeat pro2 is called by TechRadar a traveler’s best friend. The reason is not far-fetched.
Well, to start with, the Plantronics Backbeat pro2 is not heavy. Although it looks cheap, it’s wood accent looks cool. At least makes it look cooler than Bose QC 35 II.
The ear cups have shiny silver rings on them. And right on the left ear cup are the controls.
The volume is controlled by a ring that is turned around back and forth.
- Technology and Features. First, I’ll talk about the Noise Cancelling Feature which works even when wired.
The Plantronics Backbeat pro2 is equipped with all the codecs needed in a quality headphone.
The pairing profile is so good that the Plantronics Backbeat pro2 can pair two Bluetooth devices at the same time.
- Battery and Charging. The battery life of Plantronics Backbeat pro2 is insane! It can last a stretch of 24 hours plus after a full charge when used at high levels. Well, it was tested with the volumes at moderate levels, it went for days.
- Sound Quality. The sound of Plantronics Backbeat pro2 is not that good. Bose QC 35 II still gives the best Active Noise Cancelling feature at the moment. But notwithstanding, the Plantronics Backbeat pro2does a good job of blocking out the noise.
If you are about the bang, you might not love the Plantronics Backbeat pro2. But otherwise, the battery life and other features are cool.
- A really cheap pick, the Plantronics Backbeat pro2 is priced at around 250 USD.
- Comfort and Suitability. This model is perfect for lovers of the big bang and over the ears headphones. The design of this model is flawless for lovers of sleekness and the preen stylishness of leather and foam.
Travelers and music lovers would find love with this headphone model that has come out to impress with great features
- Technology and Features. This Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless is loaded with the latest Bluetooth connectivity profiles like AAC, aptX, and AADP.
Because of its possible connectivity features, it is possible for the Bluetooth to stay connected even when the headphones are 30 meters away from the source.
Calls and radio are in top form.
The only issue with the Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless is that you can only control play/pause as well as volume up/down.
- Battery and Charging. Although the package says that the battery life lasts 17 plus hours, after I charged it, I used it heavily with calls, radio, and all that at a high level of volume. They did not last 16 hours!
But that is not a spoiler anyway. It can still go on flights, considering the fact that we can switch to wired use when the battery is down or charge from the laptop or power bank.
- Sound Quality. The Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless is a little too loud with sounds. What I dislike moreover is that the sounds leak.
But aside that, for these types of cans, the sound is fairly good.
The mix of the instrumentals is excellent though. But the bass is not that much.
- You can getBowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless at around 380 USD per piece.
Last on my list, fellas.
- Comfort and Suitability. With the excellent build quality and light weight of about 380 grams, I still think that Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless headphones are one of the best headphones you can buy in 2019.
Their bulky design and weight with lousy noise isolation makes them unworthy for travelers but is an excellent choice for gamers and couch potatoes who love bangs from a wired headphone.
The Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless is built beautifully but that is just for the eyes. They’re not simply made for runners because it lacks the grip and might fly off your head in the street!
The ear cups are super padded which makes them good for prolonged hearing.
- Technology and Features. The right ear cup has a touch-sensitive control for controlling music playback.
It comes with a mobile app that enables you to change many things like the controls and so on.
The Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless tweaked all good stuff for extra quality. It has almost all the Bluetooth streaming codecs even with aptX HD!
- Battery and Charging. Nothing on the package or their website about the battery life. But there are rumors that the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless lasts 30 hours after a full charge.
- Sound Quality. Well, if I was to judge by the sound, I would have placed the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless among the top 3. The sound quality is excellent and that is due to all the codec and profiles the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless came with.
- Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless is priced around 350 USD on Amazon.
My last words. To be or not to be. Make your choice based on your own personal preferences. I don’t want to sound poetic though.
What to Look For In a Bluetooth Headphone
Comfort and Suitability
Because you would be the one using the headphones, you must make sure that the one you buy is the one you like to buy (don’t let the sellers hype push you). You know that the best headphone for Ted who is a gamer that sits in his gaming chair all day would not be best for Lina who listens to music while doing the laundry, or Nora who listens to music while working out.
So then, you must make sure that the headphone you want to buy is suitable for you.
Next, you must consider how comfortable the headphone will be. Some headphones can feel too heavy or too tight for your head. You might not enjoy the clasp.
How can you know? Simple. Read user reviews online. Because people hate being uncomfortable with the things they pay for, they post their grievances online. Go and read them. Better still, nothing beats you trying the headphones out yourself before even buying at all.
Battery and Charging
If you like the headphone, you must be sure of its battery capacity and the charging ability. How long the battery will last and how easily does the device charge?
Always read this information before buying it. Sometimes, the package information about the battery is exaggerated. Often 15% more is added by the marketers. Don’t fall for it. Read 2-3 reviews and be sure.
Check if it has fast charging technology or not. Or if it can charge while working. If it can charge by USB and so on.
Most Bluetooth last 5 hours at a stretch after a full charge.
Technology and Features to look for
You must know how the Bluetooth device works and what they can do. This is important. Here are basic features you should look out for:
- Bluetooth Profiles. There are configurations that allow the Bluetooth device to pick calls, allow microphones, streaming across devices and so on. If these profiles are missing, the Bluetooth device will not be able to do these things. The Profiles are as follows: 1. A2DP/AADP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) which is used to stream audio from your phone to the speaker. 2. HSP (Headset Profile) to allow calls, 3. HFP (Hands-Free Profile) to allow calls hanging, call waiting, redialing, and so on. If you want to only buy headphones for music, you don’t really need the last 2. But if you want it for calls too?
- The Bluetooth Version. This is very essential to check. Any version of Bluetooth lower than Bluetooth 4.2 is dead meat! It won’t work well. All you would get is cracking signals and cheeky monkey tunes. Get Bluetooth 4.2, 4.3, or aptX for the best results.
- Noise Cancellation. Noise cancellation feature is a beautiful must-have for gaming headphones or for concentration. Such headphones have soft pads to muffle all external sounds.
The Sound Quality
The ‘bang’ matters. Check user reviews and know how the headphones sound before you put your money to it. Chances are that devices with versions of Bluetooth 4.2 or aptX Lossless will sound better than others no matter the phone or devices used.
5. The Price
Finally, you have sorted out models that suit your needs, or have you? Well, the cost is the last thing to check. Reasonably, popular brands will be more costly than other generic brands. I can’t tell you how much to spend on headphones, but looking at this list that follows might help you make a good choice.
Looking at how much I have spent on headphones myself, I should not be telling anyone what to spend on headphones. But one thing I can tell you though is that money should not be what you use as a deciding factor. Instead, it should be the last thing to consider. Most expensive headphones are worth their weight in gold.
Kindly Share our post across the internet its a heads up for us to get more products to test and take our time to review them to you all.